"Hunting Road 'Gators..."

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Summer Road Trip- Day 1

"On the road again, I cant wait to get on the road again..."  



I sang these lyrics about a thousand times in my head as I headed down the 395 towards Interstate 80 and Cali!




Once I got over the Donner Pass, and through Auburn, the ride kinda turns to shit.  Heading west on the long stretch into and through Sacto kinda sucks.  Lots of traffic, and it was like 96 degrees.  But Im thinking "this will be the worst stretch of the trip, just suck it up, cause your "on the road again..."  Yeah, well just wait for Day 7's installment.

Anyway, got through Sac Town just fine, and caught the 12 to the 29 north...


 to Napa Valley...



Now, I've been to Sonoma Valley to my cousin Kathleen's house before, but never through Napa.  Holy shitake, as my son Sawyer would say, this place is off the hook beautiful!

Some of the sights I was treated to on my way to St. Helena were;










And all of these sights from the main road!  I thought I was in Tuscany- it was so beautiful...  I cant wait to go back their with my girl, and spend a week exploring all the restaurants, shops and wineries.

Day 1 continued in the next installment...

No comments:

Post a Comment