"Hunting Road 'Gators..."

Monday, January 17, 2011

"Hunting Road 'Gators" blog...

So I've been considering starting a blog for a while now- more of an online journal where I can write about things that interest me~  most specifically motorcycling.  So this is a blog of memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after three decades of twisting the throttle.


Oh, by the way, no one reads this, and you probably shouldn't either.  And I bet you're asking yourself what the hell is a "road 'gator?"

Well, I have recently bought another motorcycle, the third over the last 32 years.  A beautiful 2007 Yamaha VStar 1100cc Silverado.  

I have really taken to the sport again, and see myself  spending lots of time in the saddle in the next 20 years, touring this great country of ours, meeting lots of interesting people and seeing all the cool sites the USA has to offer.  I also hope to get my son Sawyer on the back soon, although he has second thoughts about getting on with me.  I'm confident that once he has a couple of rides under his belt, he'll be hooked like I am.  What a great way for a father and son to spend time, bonding and traveling.

So- "hunting road 'gators" is a term for being on the road, putting in the miles, and passing lots of blown out semi tires along the way.  These monsters are killers for a biker, especially if you happen to be along side of the truck when it lets one go!  I'll do my best to avoid those interactions...

I expect to be posting lots of trip notes, pictures and stories from these road trips, and maybe you'll even read them.

Thanks for checking this blog out, and I hope you find it worthy of a return visit from time to time.




 







No comments:

Post a Comment